Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Barefoot Running Revisited

Chris McDougall, author of Born to Run, spoke at the Boulder Bookstore last night. It’s been a few years since he wrote the book that started the barefoot running craze. He’s refined his thinking a bit. Here are the highlights:

*If used properly shoes beat no shoes
*Running shoes should be protective not corrective
*Running barefoot is an effective way to correct injuries caused by poor running form
*There’s a right way and a wrong way to run
*To learn to run the right way, run barefoot and adopt that stride to a minimalist shoe
*Running evolved as a cooperative social activity, a group hunt
*Humans are slow, even the fastest one, Usain Bolt can’t outrun a squirrel

5 comments:

Justin Baker said...

I just bought this book last week plus a pair of Vibrams Five Fingers. I find this book compelling to read and I would say it's a two thumbs up.

Anonymous said...

I heard about this book from my peers, they were talking about it all the time... I bet this book is good for barefoot running afficionado like me and perhaps I need to get a good new balance

Anonymous said...

I bought the book last Monday and I love it so much. Indeed its very inspiring. I wanna buy a new pair of inov-8

whois domain find said...

Thank you very much for your wonderful

buy injection needles said...

Thanks for sharing the post. It was really helpful.